Thursday, March 1, 2012

A lot has happened...Time to catch up!

Wow, sorry for the lack of updates! Trying to plan a wedding and run around with work has been murder, yuck!
Well, bad news: I have lost two birds due to the mystery illness, Lady puff:
And my baby Barbie:

 I am very upset by this, the illness that has stuck my flock even has my vets baffled. (Yes I brought the chicken to a vet) they have been buried in the garden under the apple tree.
On to better news the chicks are doing well.
It would seem as though my Roopert Nugget baby might be a girl. My Black Austrolorp is actually a Jersey Giant and appears to be a girl. The RIR, is a boy T_T, the naked neck is a girl, and my Silkie is not show quality but is the cutest little bugger ever! And she has a home if she is a girl :D
Also, my order from Ideal poultry arrived.
Mental note...PLAN AHEAD! Dont over due, always always only get what you have room to raise!
OMG, I ordered 12 birds, only to find out that the min order was 25, so they added chicks to my order. 25 of the buggers plus my hatchlings PLUS my birthday present and the egg my broody hatched out, is now in the basement.
OMG never again...
But they are really cute, there is no denying that.
Alot of work also, never again will I have this many at one time *faints*



No comments:

Post a Comment