Sunday, October 28, 2012

For the love of all things adult.

I always assumed adults were just that, but in reality they can be just as bad as those I grew up with. Swallowing pride and gritting teeth is just in the laws of nature I guess, as is poultry owning.
Today was a big test. My Ohiki's are going threw something very weird, and I am not sure what it is? The vet thinks they hatched with what ever is, and that they all could potentially be sick with it. Should one pass away again I will have the bird looked at at the state lab so they can figure out whats wrong.

All day I felt like nothing; between my neighbor tormenting me almost every day about how hes organic his flock is perfect, a personal issue that crippled me to tears, and my Ohiki's, I have just been emotionally sapped of strength.
I almost gave up owning chickens today, when a dozen very wise people reminded me that people in general dont mater. One in particular reminded me, again, that I just need to say ^$&$@^& it to everyone and do what I love.
Well, I am going to do just that; and I actually pity those who wish to make others around them miserable :(
I will try for one more year, and if that does not work then i'll just have to start over again...I really hope it all works again as I dont want to have to cull anyone.

Also, we have been having a coyote issue with the goats! Blasted things...Were looking into getting an LGD dog (Livestock guardian dog) to help keep the evil things away. So far none of my hoofed baby's have been harmed, but we are not taking a chance.

Now for a happy picture:
A good friend of mine made a scarf for my little naked neck :) It took her a while to realize it was harmless, but once that happened she was off pecking away.

2 comments: