Tuesday, November 27, 2012

A sad goodbye...

Today I say goodbye to my bantam babys...


All of them are being placed in a new home. I have made the hard choice to get rid of all of my flock...It is the only thing I have not tried to do, to keep my birds healthy. There is a group of wonderful women who have promised to help me re-build my flock in the spring when the harsh cold has killed the viruses. 
Im going to bleach the daylights out of everything three times over the course of time, and use this new cleaner that was suggested to me.

Again, if I ever hear of anyone say that chickens are rats with wings and are easy to keep, I will shoot them...
My bantams are going to a family, who are prepared to deal with the MG should it pop up. They just wanted some older birds for there daughter to love.
So, everyone wish me luck, and my birds, that this time everything goes right...  

No comments:

Post a Comment